Friday, August 15, 2008

What We Ate Last Night: Fish Tacos and Black Bean Salad

Last night, we had a light summery meal that took less than an hour to prepare:

Fish tacos - We had some nice, fresh halibut which I grilled, very simply, just with salt, pepper, and lime juice, and we put that into Ezekiel 4:9® Sprouted Whole Grain Flourless Tortillas warmed in the toaster oven, and topped each taco with shredded red cabbage and a fiery nectarine salsa I made from diced nectarines, some chopped scallion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and about a quarter of a super hot habanero chilli blended with a bit of fresh tomato; and

Black bean salad - Basically, cooked black beans, diced mango, diced avocado, raw sweet corn kernels, diced red bell pepper, chopped scallions, and cilantro tossed together with lime juice, red chilli powder, salt, and coriander seed powder.

(I usually use diced red onion instead of scallions, but last night I only had scallions. Also, I had wanted to make some guacamole with the avocado, but it was not soft enough yet, so I diced it and added it to the black bean salad.)

We also made some passion-mango mojitos, with rum, passionfruit-mango juice, lime juice, and mint muddled in agave syrup, over ice. They came out super minty.

(We were so hungry, we descended on the food, and I forgot to take pictures of the food.)

No comments:

Post a Comment