Sunday, February 1, 2009

Surprise: I repeat dishes and often make blog-unworthy food

What should I do about the fact that, in life, in reality, I make things that aren't worth posting about, either because I've already posted the recipes for them, or they're just too simple to seem to merit a blog posting?  Is it useful information to know generally what other people are preparing, even if they're not new recipes for you, dear reader?  

Sometimes when I read other food blogs, often whatever it is that's being featured is in my repertoire, but might be something I've forgotten about and not made in a long while, and it's good to be reminded.

Lately I've made:
- stir-fried greens to accompany lobster meat with ginger and scallions, another very simple stir-fry dish; 
- salmon biryani; 
- methi roti rolls -- thin omelets with cilantro and chillies rolled up with lettuce into rotis slathered with chutney; 
- spicy spaghetti with a red pepper-tomato sauce, shredded spinach, and a touch of goat cheese; 
- endive salad with honey-cider dressing; 
- spinach salad with lemon-ginger dressing; 
- black-eyed peas curry; and 
- uppama and coconut chutney (a South Indian breakfast dish, but I tried making it with quinoa instead of semolina, which made it quite unlike uppama texturally but like a whole other good-in-its-own-way thing).


Today a couple of friends came over for tea and we first had darjeeling (2nd flush) and then lemongrass chai, and we snacked on tomato tea sandwiches (homemade), molasses clove cookies (Dancing Deer), dark chocolate (Dagoba), and banana walnut bread (Whole Foods).

I have also recently been eating yogurt with fresh pomegranate seeds a lot.  Love that.

Feel like signing off with xoxo, so I will : ).

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment