Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Tea-themed Thanksgiving

Two things I love: Tea and Thanksgiving.

Earlier this year (yes, I begin thinking about Thanksgiving, um, probably in July), I sent my extended family my idea for a tea-themed Thanksgiving menu. It's been rejected in favor of the dishes we make every year - and just once a year, so I understand - so I'm sharing my idea here for what a tea-themed Thanksgiving menu could look like!

Hors d'oeuvres
~
Iced cranberry tea
Baby root vegetables with Lapsang Souchong aioli
Darjeeling tea-smoked salmon on crackers
Mushroom cappuccino (served in doll-sized tea cups)

First course
~
Sencha
Persimmon and mesclun salad with slivered almonds and tea vinaigrette
Herbed yam and sweet onion tea sandwiches
Turkey tea sandwiches
Ochazuke with wild rice and pumpkin dumplings

Second course
~
Earl Grey with lemon and honey
Grilled tea-brined turkey with tea-and-lemon gravy
Vegetarian stuffing and cranberry chutney

Dessert
~
Masala chai
Cranberry and pumpkin pie spice tea cake
Applesauce spice tea cake
English Breakfast ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment